Here is the infamous 99 Things About Me meme.
1. Started your own blog.
Yep. You’re reading it
2. Slept under the stars.
At Camp Pembroke, for sure. But at outdoor events there was more gossiping and giggling than sleeping donw.
3. Played in a band.
Yes- NHS high school.
4. Visited Hawaii.
No. Want to and see Tammy and CK .
5. Watched a meteor shower.
Yes. One summer I drove up to an outlook point on the Blue Ridge Parkway to watch the Perseid meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity.
Well, that would be a bit irresponsible. I do donate regularly to several charities though.
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
Yes on both. Went to DLand in 2003. DWorld when I was 4, then with Ellen and Michelle in 1990. Last time was in 2002 with G pre-kids.
8. Climbed a mountain.
I am sure that Munchu Pinchu counts.
9. Held a praying mantis.
No way. Why?
10. Sang a solo.
Yes, I was picked for one –“Consider Yourself” in elementary school
11. Bungee jumped.
No way. Again..why?
12. Visited Paris.
Yes. Loved it and ate a ton of bread, cheese and chocolate
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
Self taught in orogami. I know you are jealous.
15. Adopted a child.
No. Don’t plan to but you never know.
16. Had food poisoning.
Yes. Was after a wonderful Italian meal so that was really too bad.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty.
Yes, on a class trip in high school
18. Grown your own vegetables.
No. I kill all plants
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France.
Yeah. It is behind a kajillion panes of glass so..pretty meh after all of the buildup of waiting in line.
20. Slept on an overnight train.
Big time. Eurorailed through most of Europe.
21. Had a pillow fight.
Yes, mostly with my girlfriends cause we are crazy like that
22. Hitch hiked.
Once in high school. We were lucky we were not picked up by a psycho
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill.
Sick? Who? Me? ; )
24. Built a snow fort.
Hello! I grew up in New England. Of course.
25. Held a lamb.
Yes, probably at the last county fair with H.
26. Gone skinny dipping.
Again, this one time at summer camp..
27. Run a marathon.
Yes, did not qualify to run with the “regular” people so lead a blind guy. Kicked my ass.
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
Yes, with the Marilyn Monroe poster that is now on my living room wall.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
Sometimes both in the same day
31. Hit a home run.
No. I played powderpuff softball and sucked at it
32. Been on a cruise.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person.
No. Want to
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors.
No. Want to go to Russia someday
35. Seen an Amish community.
Yes, G and I took a drive with a group of BMW freaks to Lancaster County. Good pie and bread. mmm. Bread.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
No. Took Spanish thru all of highschool and college then when I did my semester in Madrid it was trial by fire as my housemom did not speak any English.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person.
Yep. Pretty cool
39. Gone rock climbing.
No – fear of heights.
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David in person.
Yep. He’s hung well 🙂
41. Sung Karaoke.
Ah yes. “You’e the One That I Want” with Chef Larry
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt.
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant.
Yes. Last month in NYC.
44. Visited Africa.
Only Morocco but want to go back.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight.
46. Been transported in an ambulance.
A few times. I am accident prone
47. Had your portrait painted.
Just as a caracature
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
No- only snorkling
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person.
Yes, it was an amazing 2 days.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Yes, and clung to the girders.
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling.
Yep – saw some biiiig sea turtles in Mexico
52. Kissed in the rain.
Yes. Do you like pina coladas?
53. Played in the mud.
Hell, yes. H loves it
54. Gone to a drive-in theater.
There is still one in Baltimore we go to
55. Been in a movie.
56. Visited the Great Wall of China.
No- we were supposed to go to China for our honeymoon, but then…SARS
57. Started a business.
Yes. And still have it today
58. Taken a martial arts class
No. Considering it.
59. Visited Russia.
60. Served at a soup kitchen.
Yes, with Tammy at Miriam’s. I want your eggs!
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies.
Yes, but always was last because I felt used having to go door to door.
62. Gone whale watching.
Yes, while growing up. Good fun, long days.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason.
Just did last week. My hubby rocks
64. Donated blood.
65. Gone sky diving.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp.
Yes, Auschwitz. Indescribable.
67. Bounced a check.
Um, yes :hangs head:
68. Flown in a helicopter.
No way, no how.
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
My orange and yellow teddy bear.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial.
I drive by it/walk by it at least once a week.
71. Eaten Caviar.
Ah, yes. I heart it
72. Pieced a quilt.
No. I am a bad crafter.
73. Stood in Times Square.
Yes, was there a month ago.
74. Toured the Everglades.
No. And have no desire to do so.
75. Been fired from a job.
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London.
77. Broken a bone.
Yes, a few
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle.
Yes, dated a guy who worked for a florist and drove a Harley.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person.
No. On my “bucket ;ist”
80. Published a book.
81. Visited the Vatican.
See # 49. Duh
82. Bought a brand new car.
83. Walked in Jerusalem.
No, but I’d really like to some day.
84. Had your picture in the newspaper.
Yeah, a couple of times
85. Read the entire Bible.
In hebrew school and confirmation classes. Zzzzz.
86. Visited the White House.
Yes. I live in D.C.
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating.
88. Had chickenpox.
No. My brother and all of my freshmen roomates had it. Odd.
89. Saved someone’s life.
90. Sat on a jury.
No, wasn’t chosen
91. Met someone famous.
Let’s see: Wes, Kevin Cosner, Jack Nickolson, Ted K to name a few
92. Joined a book club.
Yes, still belong to one
93. Lost a loved one.
Yes. Big time
94. Had a baby.
Yes. And #93. But I love my kids.
95. Seen the Alamo in person.
No. Another “to do.”
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake.
97. Been involved in a law suit.
No, thank goodness
98. Owned a cell phone.
Yep. I heart my iPhone
99. Been stung by a bee.
Stung by a bee and found out I was *very* allergic.
What are your 99 things?