Oh, the weather outside is frightful. Yes, there is nothing scarier to an adult than the thought of being trapped inside (with kids) when it is cold and snowy outside.
Have no fear! With a little imagination you can easily plan kid friendly activities and have some fun at the same time.
Here are some ideas:
1. Board games. Break out the old classics like Monopoly, Clue, Scrabble or Connect Four. Candyland or Chutes And Ladders for the toddler set.
2. Try out a new recipe. Kids love to help out in the kitchen. Break out those weird cookie cutters that you got from Aunt Jane last year and use premade dough.
3. Order in Chinese or pizza and have a picnic in front of the fire. End the evening with a fun video.
4. Get out of the house and have a “Tacky Holiday Lights” tour of your neighborhood or find a park that is having a Lights Festival.
5. Make jiffy pop (or use some kernels in a pan) and watch a movie or clear out the kid friendly programs from your DVR.
What are your 5 Favorite Holiday Activities to do with YOUR kids? Create your own blog post for a chance to win $100.
Watch Dora’s Christmas Carol Adventure Dec. 6 on Nickelodeon
Happy Holidays to all, and all a good night.