Every year I make the same resolution – drop 15 pounds and tone up. This year is going to be different as I realize I have to have strong intention to stick to a routine. This is a commitment that I am making with myself to change and better my life.
Here are my five “mini-resolutions” that will help me achieve the main goal of getting healthy and fit.
1. Start with a specific goal so that I will actually achieve results. Rather than resolve to “be thinner” my first mini-resolution is to lose 10 percent of my body fat.
2. Keep the goals that I set for weight loss and fitness realistic. I am going to break down the large goal of losing 15 pounds into little bits. I hope to lose 1 lbs every 5 days by eating right (more frequent lean and green meals) and exercising at least 20 minutes a day. I must be able achieve each mini-goal and tailor that goal to my ability. (I am not a marathon runner so I am not going to resolve to run a marathon!)
3. Don’t take weight loss to seriously. If I try to loose all the weight I want to at once, I know I may go overboard and try to do something stupid like try a fad or starvation diet. I resolve to keep this journey fun.
4. Add music to my workouts with fun. Join the ladies in my neighborhood for a powerwalk at least two times a week. Find more ways to exercise at home with my Wii or a DVD.
5. Take a day off! Once a week I will have a meal where I eat whatever I want.
Do you have resolutions to get healthy and fit in 2010? Share them in this contest for a chance to win a copy of the Your Shape (for Wii™ or PC)!