We love Fancy Nancy in our house. Seriously, even our 3 and 1/2 old son likes Nancy! Our two favorite books are “Fancy Nancy: Poet Extraordinare!” and the first, “Fancy Nancy.”
I got a great idea from Twittermoms about hosting a Fancy Nancy Tea party.
So how can you have a great party and be fancy just like Nancy? Here are a few ideas:
– Have a bin/box of accessories (boas, beads, clip on jewelry, ring pops). Go wild at the Dollar Store!
– Serve fun tea. Add strawberries or raspberries to lemonade for a freckled/jeweled results
– Make sure to use “fancy” toothpicks in sandwiches, cut the bread into interesting shapes
– Give your guests bubble wands.
– Buy paper or foam crowns from the craft store and have each guest decorate their own. Have a contest for “Fanciest Crown.”
– Like Nancy, be a poet. Each guest should make up a rhyme about another guest’s name like “Rad Dad” or “Likey Mikey.”
Disclaimer: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms blogging program to be eligible to get a Fancy Nancy prize pack. For more information on how you can participate, click here.” (include this link: )