Seletsky Consulting, L.L.C Senior Marketing Consultant
February 2009 – Present
• Provide management and support of client’s public relations, digital media, mobile applications, podcasts and marketing campaigns. Clients include: healthcare, big box retail and technology.
• Content tasks include: Create editorial calendars for content sharing, develop contests to promote products, advertise contests on company website, and writing whitepapers and reviewing affiliate programs.
• SEO tasks include: Develop keyword lists, name images appropriately on the corporate website, choose anchor text for backlinks, list company on local and national business directories, manage relationships with major search engines, ping sites after new content has been published, rename files so they are search engine optimized, write blog posts based on a keyword strategy, and review website backlinks. Run reports to track growth, response or ROI at the end of each campaign.
• Email tasks include: selecting an email marketing software vendor, design email newsletter templates, distribute email newsletter, write email newsletter copy, set up trigger emails, send out test copy of emails, segment email marketing lists, review email marketing metrics and clean the database in terms of eliminating typos and dead addresses.
• Social media tasks include: curate content to reach company’s ideal customers; monitor, listen and respond to users via Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Facebook; conduct online social advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions; design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns; become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
• Establish, customize, and execute marketing strategies for multiple clients. Create marketing channel reports based on specific metrics and revenue objectives.
• Increase brand awareness, traffic generation, buzz marketing, and visibility for clients via email marketing campaigns, SEO and SEM methodology. Use Google AdWords and manage Pay-Per-Click campaigns.
• Track and report website traffic, increase in visits, comments, feedback, client/customer service, and other valuable statistical information. Make necessary changes to enhance campaign effectiveness.
• Moderate communications between clients and ad agency of choice.
Weddzilla.com Social Media Director
June 2009 – December 2010 Vienna, VA
• Created a comprehensive social media strategy to define programs that use social media marketing techniques to increase visibility, membership and traffic across all verticals
• Implemented and managed social media program
• Experimented with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
• Monitored trends in social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media at Weddzilla.
• Strategized with and educated the management team and others across the company on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services.
• Measured the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts. Employed SEO to improve search results.
1105 Media Event Sales/Marketing Administrator
January 2008 – December 2008 Falls Church, VA
• Created and distributed media kits and sales materials to prospects and clients.
• Maintained and update sales databases.
• Updated weekly sales reports.
•Assisted sales staff in gathering prospect data.
WebMethods (Acquired by SoftwareAG) Marketing Operations Database
May 2007- November 2007 Specialist (Contract Assignment)
• Performed critical data uploads and create lists using CRM platform.
• Coordinated with marketing and Siebel teams to develop requirements for ad-hoc reports.
• Worked with outside vendors to cleanse and supplement data.
• Identified list selection criteria using CRM platform in support of sales and marketing objectives
Yelp, Inc. Marketing Assistant (Contract Assignment)
11/2006 – 2/2007 Washington, D.C.
• Wrote 50 or more personal, descriptive reviews of DC and surrounding area businesses.
• Moderated DC Yelp site by participating in Talk, updating business details, and voting on other users’ reviews.
• Encouraged more Yelpers by talking about the site with friends and acquaintances.
• Improved site by finding and correcting duplicate, incorrect and out of date listings.
• Most prolific Yelper in DC with about 800 reviews.
• 611 Florida and Doggie Style voted “Review of the Day”
• “Six Degrees of Gayle” campaign which resulted in member activations and
overall increase in reviews.
NaFME (National Association for Music Education) Promotions/Marketing Manager Reston, VA
5/2005 – 8/2006
• Developed marketing strategies through analysis of sales reports and budgets.
• Wrote copy for and coordinated distribution and web placement of marketing campaigns. Edited and sent e-newsletter to state leaders.
• Managed database marketing projects. Selected and purchased lists for targeted mailings. Verified list accuracy by performing queries.
• Oversaw major projects including annual resources guide and member handbook.
• Instigated and managed opportunities for member relations.
• Conducted market research.
• Advised on new product marketing and pricing.
Victoria’s Secret Sales Lead
1/2004 – 10/2005 Mclean, VA
• Helped clients selecting merchandise by introducing new product and adding on related products to a sale, sold directly to customers, assisted management in the daily operation of the store and merchandising the location.
• Performed opening and closing store procedures.
Impressions Marketing Group, Inc. Marketing Specialist
4/2004 – 12/2004 Lorton, VA
• Maintained and created company database. Researched potential clients in terms of sales and size.
• Generated marketing database of target customers. Coordinated trade show activities. Wrote RFIs and RFPs for submittal.
• Developed materials for prospective customers. Created targeted mailers and faxes. Supported sales staff.
Dynex Technologies Sales and Marketing Specialist
10/2003 – 4/2004 Chantilly, VA
• Updated and maintained client and customer marketing information in ACT! database. Transferred all archived data.
• Selected and created collateral and other sales materials for trade show events. Ensured delivery of items to event location.
• Responded to additional needs for materials and supplies, including “on-the-fly” creation of signage and handouts.
• Composed letters mailed to prospective clients, outlining new or enhanced products.
Bamboo Solutions Corporation Marketing And Sales Specialist
4/2002 – 8/2003 Reston, VA
• Created lead tracking system to manage all new sales results and to document results and trends. Managed marketing database in order to perform queries and direct mailings.
• Selected and ran trade show and table top events. Analyzed results of shows, direct marketing, e-mail campaigns and product demonstrations.
• Initiated business development by making qualification calls for software product sales and record details.
•Created collateral, researched and select trade shows, assisted in web seminars. Performed traditional marketing tasks.
National Center on Education and the Economy Staff Administrator (Temporary Assignment)
10/2001 – 4/2002 Washington, D.C.
• Distributed information to internal staff at regional offices regarding school services and professional calendars.
• Prepared and disseminated correspondence and materials. Organized files. Maintained member database.
•Developed presentations. Made travel arrangements and managed executive calendars. Scheduled meetings and conference calls.
CareerRewards.com Marketing Project Manager/ Member Acquisition Manager 3/2000 – 9/2001 Mclean, VA
• Formulated and copy-edit marketing collateral, consistent with company messages and branding objectives
• Entered target company data into salesforce.com database. Maintained relationships with national job boards.
• Performed industry research and initiate cold calls for sales leads. Strategically matched candidates to positions.
• Managed the insertion of keywords in title tags and page names on website and ran reports to analyze usage and search word trends.
MCI WorldCom Project Coordinator (Temporary Assignment)
12/1999 – 3/2000 Mclean, VA
• Handled customer and technician inquiries regarding phone service.
• Processed trouble tickets.
• Responded to client questions.
ConciergeClub.com Web Content Manager
6/1999 – 11/1999 Washington, D.C.
• Wrote, edited and developed all content for e-commerce website including articles, newsletters and e-mails.
•.Managed service tabs during transfer from development to production.
• Monitored, enhanced, and standardized all issues associated with the service tabs (flowers, gifts, travel, etc).
•Maintained communication with the web architecture team.
Cendant Online Services Advertising Development Manager
7/1997 – 4/1999 Fairfax, VA & Framingham, MA
• Led as the key contact person in the local office for the development, production and customer service for internet advertisements on the washington.sidewalk.com and boston.sidewalk.com sites.
• Hired, trained and managed full-time and temporary staff.
• Scheduled client appointments, tracked the production process, resolved client issues and met production goals.
• Developed and maintained strong relationships with clients as well as ensured all advertisements met Microsoft specifications.
• Presented with Leadership Award, December 1997.
Self- Employed Freelance Projects
11/1996 – 7/1997 Northern VA
• Performed customer relations, internet searches, trade show demonstrations, formulated responses to user inquiries and other projects as assigned..
• Researched, developed key and search words for websites, as well as formulated spreadsheets for market research. Clients included: washingtonpost.com.
Online Promotions Producer America Online
6/1996 – 11/1996 Vienna, VA
• Created, formulated, and developed content for important traffic areas each month.
• Acted as point of contact and liaison for internal and external partners and clients.
• Managed and supervised remote staff. Formulated an immediate response to a major crisis resulting in restored media and member confidence.
• Organized and designed high visibility areas to accurately reflect corporate initiatives and emphasized advertising campaign messages.
Online Promotions Coordinator America Online
9/1995 – 6/1996 Vienna, VA
• Authored original copy for company announcements for the purpose of increasing usage, member retention and to uphold theme based promotions and contests.
• Crafted all event promotions for over 15 network areas on a daily basis.
• Scheduled advertisements at shorter intervals while simultaneously increasing promotions by both number of software platforms and networks supported.
• Wrote promotional materials which were used for major corporate endeavors as well as for partner and client use
Sales and Service Representative America Online
5/1994 – 9/1995 Vienna, VA
• Employed high quality marketing skills to sustain a user base that grew from 75,000 to 5 million members and encouraged customer loyalty.
• Responded to subscriber inquiries on behalf of CEO.
The George Washington University Bachelor’s Degree
International Communications Washington, DC
Microsoft Office including Excel, Powerpoint and Word. CRM programs including Microsoft CRM, ACT!, Goldmine, Sugar CRM and Salesforce. Website development tools including HTML, WordPress, Sharepoint, Responsive Design and FrontPage. Desktop publishing tools including Quark and Photoshop. SEO/Search Engine Optimization tools such as Google Analytics, Tags and Keywords. Graphics programs including Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Social media marketing tools such as Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Radian6 and Google AdWords. Project Management tools including MS Project. Email tools including Constant Contact and MailChimp. Marketing automation software such as HubSpot, Infusionsoft, SilverPop, Marketo, Pardot and Eloqua. Content Management Systems such as Radiant and SilverStripe. Mail resolution applications like A/B testing and Can-Spam. Document sharing and management tools including Dropbox, Google Drive and Basecamp. File management tools such as mTAB, Pin and Polk.