In a time where businesses are focused on a growing number of anonymous online reviews, sometimes companies lose track of what really matters – the quality of the customer’s experience. By spending time and effort to not only meet but exceed a customer’s expectations, you create something more valuable than a 5 star review.
Facts you should know about customer service:
- On average, a happy customer will tell 9 people about their experience with a company. Focus on making your customers happy and it will benefit your bottom line. (We have discovered this with our surveys as well).
- For every customer that complains, there are 26 customers who don’t. Those 26 potential customers will either leave the business or website. Insight into what is making the customer unhappy matters more often than not.
- The likelihood of selling to a satisfied customer is about 14 times higher than selling to a new customer. Making existing customers happy can help you increase revenue more than finding new customers.
- By growing your retention rate by 5%, you will see an increase of profits between 25-95%.
- 86% of customers will pay more for a better customer experience.
- 82% of customers will leave a company because of a poor customer service experience.
- When you make a mistake, be sure to apologize. 37% of customers are satisfied when they are offered a credit or refund. However, when your company offers an apology on top of that compensation, satisfaction doubles to 74%.
Based on a recent survey of 5,700 customers, 83% of them needed support somewhere during their online journey. This gives you a lot of chances to provide excellent customer service. By adding these benefits to your customers, you can be sure to grow your business.